Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Swiss Innovation

I spent the last couple of days on a business trip to Copenhagen and had the change to see the changes introduced since Lufthansa took over Swiss International Airlines. Obviously, the former system (Champagne in the front seats - thirst in the back) did not prevail. Yes, drinks and a warm snack were handed out (labelled "discover the taste of Italy"), however, it was a wee bit tiny. Hence, a carry-on lunch is still no bad idea for a Swiss flight.

But the most striking discovery were the dual-use vomit bags. They cannot only be used to collect parts or all of the contents of one's stomach, which was ejected through the mouth (usually in a series of involuntary spasmic movements). They can also be used to send the films with the holiday pictures to a photo lavatory. How clever and innovative.

3 comments:

Ms Mac said...

Thankyou for the detailed description of the use of vomit bags.

You are right, that is an extremely novel idea.

I wonder if the photo bags I get in the mail can be used in a similar duel-use fashion.....

Anonymous said...

I have an evil mind. Have you, by any chance, got hold of such a bag and could you send it to me? I want to send in some... well... not exactly films.

Mr. Urs said...

sorry Odi, I did't take one with me.