Saturday, May 27, 2006

¡Rabo y orejas!

I took almost a week, until I managed to see Volver, Pedro Almodóvar's new movie. There was none of his movies that I haven't seen at least twice. The second time I usually concentrate solely on the interior design. No one decorates his pictures with more care and passion than Almodóvar. However, the most disturbing decoration was this time Penélope Cruz' bossom. Her décolleté aroused even my passion - me, a bona fide pooftah.



There is no author and director, who can present stranger storylines than Almodóvar. Never try to tell one to someone who doesn't know his pictures. Incest, murdered husbands, ghosts that are resurrected. All these is presented and you don't even flinch. All you can see are Penélope's eyes and the passion of life itself. And these colours...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I just haven't been into movies lately.. Since we have rain today, that's our idea though... Hmmmm.... you got me thinking now.

Toño said...

I am real impressed of the power of this film, that I don't only recommend it to you all, but I recommend you as well to learn Spanish, because one of the most extraordinary things from the film are the words, that are being spoken, each single word said in the way the actresses and actors do is simply telling you a story in addition about traditions and culture of the Hispanic world, which is as great as the Anglo-Saxon world. I just love it and Almodóvar is a genius.