Monday, November 14, 2005

Huge Tumble Turnover

I've been practicing front crawl for quite some time, however, I've never managed to do a proper Tumble Turn. Finally last Friday, I started practicing. The first attempts were horrible and included:
  • water in the nose
  • breathlessness
  • giddiness.
In the course of the weekend, I made over 200 tumble turns. The movement is still far from perfect, but at least I got rid off the above problems. Nevertheless, I'm still not quite able to do the following in a swift and harmonic movement:
  • Swim to the wall quickly
  • Forward somersault when you see the "T" on the bottom of the pool
  • Tuck your head in tight
  • Put your feet on the wall approx. 0.5 m under the surface
  • Stretch arms out before you push away from the wall
  • After a brief gliding phase, start with either a flutter kick or a butterfly kick before surfacing no more than 15 m from the wall.


As you can see, there is no "T" on the bottom of the pool. But I don't think that's the problem...

2 comments:

Ms Mac said...

Oh, now I have precise instructions I may have to give it a go. Only when I am absolutely the only person in the pool though. And I really have to physically hold my nose. That may detract from the gracefulness of the move. That and the thrashing limbs and choking noises.

I am sending many good swimming thoughts your way though for your tumble turn turnaround!

Anonymous said...

Your are on the right way to become an expert. I am sure about this. Missing you Gatín