Friday, September 29, 2006

Tempted

Two of my precious bicycles desperately needed some maintenance (e.g. when it was raining last Monday, I had to brake with my feet). So I went to Cycle Shark, my cycling shop of trust. The boss there is dangerous. He knows to tempt me into buying new bikes. He's an ardent cyclist with a huge collection of vintage mountain bikes (hundredths!). He always knows your name, even when you come to his shop only twice a year.

Today he got me almost into buying 2 new bikes (I still have some Pavlovian symptoms). First he showed me a city bike with the latest technology (e.g. disc brakes and a reliable, low-maintenance, self-switching light system) that looks like shit (i.e. low theft probability). Then he went to the other end of the scale and showed me the new S-Works frame from Specialized with this magical brain thingy. In a fortnight it will be equipped with the new XTR components and ready for a test ride.

I'm highly tempted to test it. If I do, it might be that this collection could grow:




Added Later
I've decided to buy two of those look-like-shit-to-not-get-nicked-but-edge-of-technology bikes, one for Toño and one for me. He's got me again.

5 comments:

Ryan said...

i didnt know there was difference in bikes. thanx 4 the info!

Toño said...

Oh! When do we go cycling again? I've forgotten the pain from the last time...;)

I understand very well that you feel tempted, being such a pasionate cyclist.

Toño said...

What!? One for me... I rather start preparing myself... or better to start paving swisses ways, because there are lots of mountains and have problems biking up hills...

Mr. Urs said...

Yes Toño, I've just met the dealer. We'll have to select the right size for you. Test drive this Saturday!

Toño said...

I will be prepare...
Am I always suppose to be wearing a helmet?
I am curious about it.