Friday, March 07, 2008

Schatzi* Was Awful

... however, Eels were delightful.


Photograph: Joel Ryan/PA

We had the chance to be present when Zürich was received in audience by Eels yesterday evening.

Well, it would had been a truly delightful evening, when the audience would not had been massively packed with morons and schmucks who go to a concert for everything but the music. But maybe that was just the straw to break the camel's back, because I was already pissed off by some unnerving colleagues who refuse to pull their weight.

Notwithstanding, both my company (Tina and Toño) and Eels (Mark Oscar Everett with symbiotic and nonchalant yet brilliant stage partner The Chet) gave me great pleasure and delight.

My personal highlight was when E and Chet were swapping between piano and drums without missing a beat: E leaves the piano and takes the drumsticks from Chet, who picks up at the piano where Everett left off. A few minutes later, they swap back. What will you do when you are so good at what you do, and you no longer know how to push yourself?

* as Eels referred to the audience.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not a question I would have to worry about just at them moment :(

Tigresa

Toño said...

I enjoyed both the great company and the exceptionally gifted artist.

I long to get once at that point, but until that I've got much to master.

Anonymous said...

must have been a wonderful concert then ;) I am in awe of everyone who masters an instrument:)
I only ever played the flute,but this for almost 10 years before i was allowed to stop the lessons....

btw, was this your sis in the current Beobachter edition??

Mr. Urs said...

Sylv: looking at the picture on the internet I can confirm that this is my sister. She seems not to like wimps.

Anonymous said...

Thats what I got from the printed message;) and i couldn't agree more with her,she is right! The Teenies of today are waited on hand and foot and are not taught to think for themselves anymore, fighting spirit.........HA! This, they only have when it comes to beat up someone,but to fight for a job, a relationship etc. no way, they throw it all away at the first hurdle! I wouldn't be who and where I am today,if I'd done that!!!grumble grumble!

Unknown said...

I think you find something else to challenge your mind...

Beautiful...

Unknown said...

when do you leave? I'm there on thursday... will miss u once again..