Monday, June 23, 2008

It Sucks!

Next Sunday, I will have to fly to India for my caring employer - again on very short notice. If you think I get any support for my travel preparations since I work for a company that likes to send its employees around the globe, you're completely wrong. The first assistant said that she has to learn to say NO! The other one said that I'm too late since it takes two weeks to prepare a trip - not one. My caring employer sucks!

Well, making the flight and hotel bookings was not so difficult. I've got the visa form from the embassy's homepage, cut out two mug shots, asked for an invitation from the Indian company calling for our service, printed the itinerary, signed where required and went to Bern this morning.

I had to take bus number 19. There was no bus 19 - due to UEFA EURO 08. It was not driving from the train station but from a remote place called Zytglogge. UEFA EURO 08 sucks!


Well I made it to this Zytglogge. but there was no bus stop for bus 19 in sight. There were also no maps indication the bus stop. I had to call BERNMOBIL to get directions. You can't even see Zytglogge from bus stop Zytglogge of line 19. BERNMOBIL, if you shift a bus stop due to some silly ball shifting, please draw me a map. BERNMOBIL sucks!

At the embassy, the slowest lady in humankind, went through the pile of documents only to say "Where is the letter?". Obviously, I need a letter from my caring employer, confirming everything. There is no chance to get anything without The Letter. Do you think this is mentioned anywhere? Embassy of India sucks!

To calm my nerves on the way home, I took a place in a railway coach with quiet area. Of course there was this nasty Swiss lady, which made a lot of noise with her newspaper and by telling everyone, who dare to whisper, to stop talking since this is a quiet are. Fellow passengers suck!.

Added Later:
In order to apply for an Indian visa you have to pay the fee in advance and send the original of the transfer receipt with the application. Thus I had to walk under the burning sun to the post office to transfer the money. Visa procedures suck!

When I came back to the office, I packed everything (Mr Mac kindly wrote me The Letter - although this is clearly not in his job description) and tried to ship it via our company's shipment department. I arrived there at 3:30:30 pm only to read that it closes at 3:30:00 pm. Thus I walked again under the burning sun to the post office. My caring employer's services suck!

6 comments:

Mickle in NZ said...

Just for you

AAAAARRRRRGGGHHHHH mutter mutter

Care from Mickle and Zebby, & whether you want it or not,
Huggles

Ms Mac said...

Now now, remember free champagne, wine and food. And the Spanish are through to the semi-finals. Euro 2008 doesn't suck as much as the rest. But the rest definitely SUCKS!

In fact, I would go so far as to say they suck and blow simultaneously.

Anonymous said...

LOL Ms Mac:):):)


dear gomad, when it rains it pours eh? next time tell me early enough and then I can guide you via sms thru' the city ,after all ' m 'äs Bärner Modi!'

As for the footie, yep it sucks, since the beginning indeed, and I am boycotting it completely, my poor family isn't even allowed a single simple flag or so ! And all this coz no British team made it into the games:)

Mickle in NZ said...

Gomad, get yourself some decent sunblock please. If finding difficult to find stuff okay for face, neck and ears (and above) then email me. I have some that works, is SUPER kind to skin and doesn't look like a bad makeup job.
Care from the skin cancer isles of down under. happy to send to you.
Love and much care, Michelle xxxx

Mr. Urs said...

Many thanks for the concern Mickle. I've already a skin cancer scar on my forehead (though photoshopped away in the passport mug shot). I've learnt my lessen and hardly leave the house without a thick layer on sun screen.

Unknown said...

I think I clearly remember on this day that I had the opposite luck. Everything sort of went right for me, including my caring employer giving us a 4 day weekend instead of a 2 with 1 day back and then another off again.....

Sorry to hear! I do hope things start looking up for you!