Thursday, December 04, 2008

Asymmetric Aerobics

This evening, I'll be facing a disastrous combination.



(Former) Gambling Shark, one of my swim buddies, has revealed to us that he's a trained aerobics instructor. He cannot just leave it at that, no he has to prove it to us. This evening he will let us hop and roll. We are supposed to bring a towel, a water bottle and appropriate shoes. Tigresa told me that plimsolls/chucks would do it. Nevertheless, we started the purchasing process for state-of-the-art Aerobics footwear. I'll wear them 1.5 hours tops. That's how long this session is supposed to last.

However, the worse issue is my right shoulder. Two days ago, I was on my way home through icing rain, when the tires of my bicycle slid away in a poorly maintained roundabout, with the direct consequence that my precious right shoulder rapidly approached the kerbstone. My GP gave my a family pack of pain killers and told me that my shoulder will hurt for further 6 weeks. There is nothing one can do about it than eating pills.

So this evening I'm supposed to make the weirdest movements that ever have been invented while I can barely lift my right arm, and while I'm filled with painkillers like a bombonière.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

relax! You will have no time whatsoever to do something with your arms at all because you will have enough to worry about where to go with your feet during choreography.

Have fun :)
Tigresa

Anonymous said...

thank you ,you just convinced me manyfold that i will keep on training on my hometrainer until further notice or spring arrives again!