Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mexicanisation

Our residence has gotten a bit more of a Mexican touch. Toño's sister Chilo gave us two pieces of flowery embroidery with crisp and clean flower patterns.

A table runner for the drawing room with alcatraces:



Drapes for the kitchen with buganvilias:



Added Later
If somebody would had told me 5 years ago that I will ever have flowery embroidery with crisp and clean flower patterns in my splendid apartments (and actually like it), I would had beaten the living daylights out of him. I've kind of changed a bit.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

It does look rather dashing, but it's probably also my inclined liking for Swiss architecture... What a beautiful gift!

Mickle in NZ said...

Two beautiful pieces of embroidered fabric. I really like how crisp and clean the flower pattern looks. Flowery? - no, a clear understated floral design of beauty and freshness.

Magnificent dining table!

Mr. Urs said...

O.k. Mickle, I've modified the description of the embroidery.

Anonymous said...

Has either of you at least taken up drawing yet? I love the flowers too. Especially since I have orgnaized my first hens night for a Mexican bride last saturday.

Yours Tigresa

Gauss Jordan said...

Google does not believe your definition.

Google Fight of "flowery" vs "crisp and clean flower patterns."

Your blog, by the way, contributes significantly to the result.