Friday, September 11, 2009

Devouring The Grapes of Wrath

Serendipitously I found out that John Steinbeck's The Grapes of Wrath had been published 70 years ago.



The first Steinbeck I'd ever read was In Dubious Battle. The book was given to me by Tigresa some years back. A brutal yet passionate book. I then bough this copy of The Grapes of Wrath, but did not start reading it until today. This spring I devoured East of Eden. It somehow felt like swimming in a river. So, I'm really looking forward to this book.

Stay passionate and Godspeed!
Mr. Urs

Added Later
How could I forget to mention this. East of Eden was a present by the lovely Ms.Mac :) It looks like I really had to be shoved into Steinbeck.

3 comments:

Ms Mac said...

East of Eden is one of my favourite books, like, evah!

I think I will have to have a wee read of Grapes of Wrath now-.

Mickle in NZ said...

your twitting sez that about 6 hours ago you were on a sandy beach.......

but you really, really don't like sand........

are you pretending the beach is a river bank?

care and huggles, Mickle and Zebbycat, xxx and snorey stile purring

Mr. Urs said...

Be patient, Mickle. Soon everything will be disclosed.