Friday, May 20, 2005

The Music Meme Thing

mr. mac has passed me the stick to do a meme about music. He says that I'm a music buff. I think I would know more about movies than music, however, I don't want to be a party-pooper. Here we go:
  1. Total volume of music files on my computer?
    Very small: 803 songs, 205 days or 3.29 GB. I deleted most of my music files some weeks ago and started to store only to-go or to-work music on my PC and iPod. That is, no Tom Waits, Atari Teenage Riot, et al.
  2. The last CD I bought was?
    Back To Mine by Pet Shop Boys (actually only selected by the Pet Shop Boys). I know I'm totally old fashioned. I buy CDs. I like to have the whole package in my hands. I still think it's a shame that the covers had to shrink from LP to CD format.
  3. Song playing right now?
    The Poem by Massive Sounds feat. Mutaburaka. Produced and arranged by Bobby Konders in 1989. My boyfriend Gatín loves to dance to this track. It's a way of getting him here virtually.
  4. Five songs I listen to a lot or that mean a lot to me (in no particular order)
  • YMCA by Village People.
    I bought my first LP (a sampler) because of this song. Actually a song to be ashamed of, whatever, it was my first time.
  • Get Ready by Rare Earth.
    I had to buy a CD player, because the live version of this song recorded in Switzerland was only available on CD (I've got the original on LP too). It's a song of the time when one song filled up a LP side.
  • Burning Down The House by Talking Heads.
    There is no record that I played more often than Stop Making Sense (the movie version was over two years on screen in Zürich). Burning Down The House was my favourite song on it until I discovered the beauty of Once In A Lifetime.
  • When Doves Cry by Prince.
    This list can't be without a song by the Dawn. It still makes me tremble inside.
  • Blue Monday by New Order.
    It's my favourite song of the eighties and there was no song is this list, which is younger than from the eighties anyway.
  1. I am going to pass the stick to
    Stoipi, who has got a huge collection of true beauties & Tigresa, who seems to listen to a lot of R&B.

2 comments:

Ms Mac said...

Love, love, LOVE Blue Monday. Where would we be without it, I wonder? It was integral to my teens!

mr. mac said...

I have to second ms. mac's comment. Where would any of us be today without Blue Monday? It's even one of my ringtones.