Friday, August 19, 2005

Romantic Love Prevails

As luck would have it Tigresa failed as Cassandra (so far - I have to add). I don't denote the name's meaning ("she who entangles men"), by no means, she still masters this field. I connote Cassandra as being a prophetess whose predictions are true but were never believed.

But let's start at the beginning: My frequent readers know that I spent my summer holidays in Siberia together with my flatmate Tigresa. It was Tigresa's first and my seventh trip to this beautiful spot. We travelled there with quite a lot of Siberians of Russian and indigenous origin and three other Swiss: two named Chrigu and lovely Maja who could get a job as Nicole Kidman's dead ringer anytime. The younger Chrigu and Maja were (are still) lovers.



Somehow, in this marvelous wildness of northeastern Siberia, they gave the impression that their love might be in danger, to be driven apart by inner forces. The risk seemed even higher due to their plans to travel for a couple of months in Siberia and Mongolia before returning to Switzerland. Our suspicion of jeopardy led Tigresa to the Cassandra-like prediction that this precious but frail love will not survive this challenge.

While I was in Malaysia, our repressed lovebirds sent an email from Mongolia, saying that everything foretold was (so far) wrong and that they are still alive. Let's hope that Tigresa only prevails in entangling men.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My precious flatmate forwarded me the lovebirds email and I read it v e r y carefully: They just mentioned they survived the taiga at last (they stayed a little longer in Syrianka than we did) but there was NO word about the two of them still beeing properly together...

Well, we'll see whether they get spotten at Gian Simmens wedding, which is about to take place the weekend they get home. I'm disappointed when Maja doesn't make it into Schweizer Illustrierte...

Anonymous said...

After looking at the beautiful picture of both of them I would say that this love will survive the trip they are doing now and much more. The power of love goes farther than bringen two persons together and learning to get along with each other. Love can not be explain at all and even if we suspect the luck of armonie in the couple, it is exackly "that" what can make it even more atractive because of the diferences between each other. I call this the power of love. I hope they make it because they are beatiful both of them. Somehow it seems to me that they belong together. My only problem is now to know if they love each other, this I can not find out after the photo. Gatin ;-)