Friday, January 27, 2006

Tortilla Española

Do you remember, how Rosa (Rossy de Palma) prepared a Tortilla Española for her sister Leo Macias (Marisa Paredes) in Pedro Almodóvar's La flor de mi secreto? Yesterday, Toño made the same for me and Tigresa (in addition to a delicious lentil soup).

The base recipe consists of potatoes, onions and eggs. However, it's highly recommended - especially in cold winters - to enrich it with a wide variety of vegetables:



The critical part is the tossing:



The best comes after the serving:



Talking about food: Our canteen did not make it easy for me this week. They usually cook like teamsters and craftsmen are their main clients and not nerdy engineers. Nonetheless, today I have the hard choice between salmon roulade or coq au vin.

5 comments:

Ms Mac said...

Well, it's a good job that it's nearly lunch time because now you've made me starving!

Sadly, there won't be any Tortilla Espanola for me.

Toño said...

Hello Ms.Mac, any time just drop in, I will delighted to cook for you and your family.

mr. mac said...

You had better make two of those Toño because if that's on the menu, I'm there too!!

En guete

Toño said...

OK. It is a deal. Let's party soon :)

Toño said...

OK. It is a deal. Let's party soon! :)