Sunday, November 12, 2006

Safari

Here in India, we are on a six days working week and for once, I've decided to give business a complete miss one the seventh. It helped that Mr. Ellamathy wanted to show us a bit around.

In the morning, he picked us up in one of these Hindustan Ambassadors.



I just love to get driven around in one of those. Looking at the traffic here, it's kind of a relief to be protected by Ganesha idol on the dash board.



Our aim was the Bannerghatta National Park, where we went on a jungle safari. It was not one of those things on an elephant in a khaki suit with a .465 Holland and Holland India Royal rifle. No, we were in a fenced bus. Nevertheless, we could see quite a lot of wild animals.



This is a bear. He was utterly unimpressed and behaved like one of those Indian cows, which can stand in the middle of the heaviest traffic and are as calm as if they were be on a meadow in the highlands. Nevertheless, I was very please to see my brothers in name*

The tigers were even more relaxed.





At least the white fellow paraded a bit for us.



The pack of lions definitely made us feels like in the Jungle Book**.





Mogwli was nowhere to be seen. However, I saw felidae and bears, which is somehow like the names that my deriously beloved Toño and I like to refer to each other.

We rounded our trip up by paying the zoo a visit. They had loads of snakes. Definitely not my cup of tea.



However, the chicks in the cobra pit gave us an inspiration and we headed for lunch.

* My given name is Urs, which is derived from the Latin word for bear.
** I know, it was a pack of wolves...

2 comments:

Toño said...

Many thanks for the wonderful pics. I´m glad you could enjoy a bit your sunday.

Myself I had one of the most beautiful evenings with our friends in Frauenfeld. They are just great and they were missing you as much as you did.

Anonymous said...

I love this post! Very funny, and reminds me of the parks in moscow.