Thursday, April 05, 2007

Powerful With Style

The BBC claims that front crawl is the fastest stroke and gives you the feeling of being powerful in the water. Sadly, I can only emphasize the section gives you the feeling. I heavily neglected both swimming and cycling in the first quarter of the year I will turn forty. Things have to change big time and fast. This evening we have swimming class again and I haven't done a single stroke since last week's class.

Now it's too late to practice in the water, hence I've decided to get some style inspiration by the best, since not only in swimming, the perfect style is the key to success.

Ian Thorpe



Alexander Popov



Mark Foster

4 comments:

Ms Mac said...

No Pieter van den Hoogenband? I would have thought he'd be in your top three, if not just for having the most excellent name.

Also, Michael Klim. He'd show you a pretty butterfly as well as some excellent front crawl.

Have you heard the latest drug controversy surrounding Thorpedo? Not very good.

Anonymous said...

I wonder myself if I look as great as Mark Foster, well at least while swimming :(

Those are just extraordinaries short films. Thanks a lot angel for sharing them.

Anonymous said...

Rachel sais she is happy that you did quote an Australian.
Hope swimming went well! I had Sleepy here today showing me exercises around the chalet..

Unknown said...

hey - these are awesome videos!

I think I need to email these to my friend who administers our website for our masters team...
(northshoremasters.com)

Popovs stroke technique above the water is a great example of how it should work...

My worst stroke oddly enough is free...

Thanks for posting this...