Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Tasting Spring

I almost gave up on Migros, my favorite grocery store. Innovation seemed to have dried out. They kept repeating themselves. But just before Easter I discovered that Migros have resurrected themselves by butting the brand spanking new Spring Season Yogurts on the shelfs:



Still disappointing, though, is that they are not able to spell strawberry in German. It's Erdbeer, stupids. Never mind, what really counts is, how they taste:

Strawberry and Lemon Balm
Very refreshing. The strawberry flavour is subtle and well bonded with the bitter-fresh lemon balm. Uplifting as spring should be.

Elderberry Flowers
Tastes like Flauder and nothing else. One dimensional, boring and far too sweet.

Rhubarb
Also very refreshing. The acidity of the rhubarb is well bound with the yogurt. Even better than my rhubarb cake.

5 comments:

Toño said...

And my favorite one is:

Strawberry and Lemon Balm.

Not only because of the well balanced taste but the color of the yogurt is natural and the flavour of it corresponde to its taste, which is very important.

Michael Lehet said...

Such exciting flavors, all we have over here are Plain, vanilla, strawberry...blah...nothing exciting like you!

Of course we have 20,000 different varieties, but they're all the same : -(

Ms Mac said...

I think the strawberry/lemon would be the one for me. I am exceptionally boring when it comes to yoghurt. Only straw or rasp for me.

Rob7534 said...

Yogurt, cheese, and prosciutto? Where is the wine?

It's only decadent if you add champagne!

Unknown said...

This is also what I miss about switzerland, yogurt here is incredible..

We get 3 flavors on a lucky day. Vanilla, strawberry and pear maybe!

How boring! I've given up.....

Must get back to Switzerland just to enjoy zest again!