Sunday, February 05, 2006

Carrying Coals To Newcastle

... or a dragon to Gomad Mansion™. I know. it's absolutely despicable to look a gift horse in the mouth, especially when it's highly appreciated and fitting.

Last evening, we had the pleasure of the Ms. & Mr.Mac's company at Gomad Mansion™. Truly a charming couple, full of wit and repartee, which will celebrate its crystal wedding on Monday. They brought us, apart from some delicious wine, a Dragon Tree:



This is not carrying coals to Newcastle, because Gomad Mansion™ looks like a greenhouse, far from it. But there are already four dragons in the house. This is the one, which I received from my Nepali guide who dragged my old carcass through the Himalayan:



The other three are somewhere on Tigresa's body (I haven't seen all of them).

Dear Ms. & Mr.Mac, It was an absolute pleasure to have you around at the mansion. We have to do this again. Toño knows a lot of delicious Mexican recipes and it can't be bad for me to polish the side-board from time to time.

3 comments:

mr. mac said...

Thanks to residents at the mansion too. It was wonderful to be 'had' in such auspicious company. Particularly the celebrated Tigresa, the current Femme d'jour of the Swiss media.

Many thanks to the fabulous Toño for his magnificent work in the kitchen and the wine cellar.

Lastly, but not least to you Gomad for your fabulous hospitality and much-appreciated friendship.

Jay said...

A dragon tree! Very cool!

Unknown said...

I wasn't aware you called it a dragon tree. I wonder if I search for one here in Vancouver if they'd look at me with a blank stare or not..