Sunday, February 05, 2006

Spüngli Subverts Swiss Government

A persistent winter smog is damaging my and my fellow confederates' health. Because of this, the authorities highly recommend to use public transport and the speed limit has been reduced to 80 km/h in most parts of the country [see article].

Last week, my dear mother celebrated her birthday. As a good son, I went to visit her and brought some first grade sweets (besides of a homemade apple cake). Of course, I did this by coach and train. On my way, I stopped at Zürich Airport to buy the sweets at Sprüngli.

After the deal was completed, the shop girl mentioned that for the amount of my shopping, I'm entitled to free parking. I was shocked and speechless. The entire nation is suffering and Sprüngli encourages me to increase the burden on my fellow confederates. Shame on them. May their boss choke on a Luxemburgerli.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is a typo in the title.

Mr. Urs said...

Whatever, Sprüngli or Spüngli, they suck!