Saturday, February 18, 2006

You're On Your Own

Discussions at dinner can bring up surprising results. Somehow, we started to talk about why swimming such a great thing. Obviously, swimming can bring people back into a uterus. I never thought about that. My reason why I like to swim has best been described by Jonathan Harvey in his play Beautiful Thing. He let Ste say:
You're on your own when you're swimming. You can't think about nothing else. Just the strokes, and where you are in the pool. Up and down. Up and down.

1 comment:

Toño said...

For many people is to swimm kind of a never ending up and down. Abtually don't agree with them because swimming is not only a very complete sport and it doesn't only do well to your body and your brain. Personally I always feel while I'm swimmnig, that my soul gets caress and it gives me the santation of going back to the source of my life: to the uterus.
I agree as well with Jonathan Harvey in what he says in his play Beautiful Thing.