Sunday, June 18, 2006

Soundtrack of Verano

One of the most delicate things to choose every year is the soundtrack for the summer. It has to match perfectly with the personal groove and the spirit of the current summer. Every year, we have to deal with a different combination. Searching for the perfect tune is hopeless. But you have to be open and ready to catch it when it enters you life.



Lila Downs' new release La Cantina is my soundtrack of this years summer - especially El Relámpago, a son del a tierra caliente. Lila Downs entered my life like lightning (relámpago) and her music matches with my whole range my feelings from impassionate to melancholic. The vibes are correlating.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll have to check her out!

by the way, we never had field hockey where I lived growing up, so it's more interesting now that I'm a spectator.

Toño said...

I love a lot the music from Lila Downs. She is a great singer and representative from the Mexican Music. Her Mother was an aborigine from Oaxaca.

Lila Downs has a very versatile voice.

Rob7534 said...

Ah! I am inspired to find my own personal soundtrack for the summer :)

Ryan said...

ive never heard of her but will c if i can find some of her stuff 2 download and check out. what a great idea i might have 2 do this as a post also if u dont mind ill make sure i tell them i got the idea from u. summer tunes!

Ryan said...

thanx so much 4 your love and support people like u make me keep blogging. thanx 4 the comment today and i did use your idea make sure u check tomorrow also i think u will b surprised.