Saturday, July 12, 2008

Mopping Up

I'd just been exposed twice to bad service, however, the service providers tried to control the damage.

Last night, when I was red eyeing back from India, I was served only a sandwich and an instant soup. This was in business class. Coach was probably on a liquid diet. The caterer of Swiss in India was on strike. However, at the gate in Zürich, we were greeted by friendly hostesses, which were handing out a box of chocolate to each passenger.



The other mistake happened to Amazon, which sent me a parcel with the correct packing list, but the wrong content. It was quite difficult to get to the correct contact page on their website for my particular case. They replied that a) the right stuff will be sent (it did arrive), b) they will pay me 2.66 £ for my troubles (this is probably the sum which makes 90% of customers to stay loyal) and c) that it were prohibitively expensive to send the wrong delivery back. I should keep it or give it to charity.

Well, I'm not quite interested in the stuff. So if you want to become a charity case, please contact me if you want a kind of road movie on high heels with Bette Middler (more about) or a novel about the journey of three people around the South Island of New Zealand in 1971 (more about).

5 comments:

markus said...

i'd give the film to the mini macs

Mickle in NZ said...

1971 - back when NZ closed at weekends! Thank goodness I'm in 2008.

Ms Mac said...

I give the chocolates to me!

Oh, they're not on the giveaway list, are they?

Anonymous said...

2008 and someone is buying Outrageous Fortune? I'm truly shocked!

The link to the NZ thing doesnt work :-)

Mickle in NZ said...

Now home - yahoo,

with a darling husband that cooks... wonderous food.
Much care and love to you each and both

Mickle and the Zebedee-cat in NZ