Thursday, March 02, 2006

Disloyal Labour Unions

Traditionally, Swiss labour unions fought for the employees in the formerly strong Swiss defence industry. Nevertheless, the wind has changed, now they seem to celebrate when those employees get redundant.

In the issue of February 17, labour union Unia's newspaper work wrote that last year Switzerland exported defence material for 257.7 million Swiss franks, which is 35% less than in the previous year. However, according to work this is still too much, because Switzerland obviously issues export licences far too freely.

35% less exports means more than 35% less work, because Switzerland is hardly buying any Swiss weapons anymore.

Do I have to declare my union membership redundant too, if my union seems to be happy when my job faces the same? I smell breach of trust!

No comments: