Sunday, March 05, 2006

Sniega Māte Is Still Awake

Sniega māte just won't go to bed this year and brought me a 22 year back-flash this morning. Back then, after quite some snowfall, my landlady announced that it's the youngest tenant's duty to clear the snow from her footpath and in front of her house. Usually, she insisted on a behaviour, which prohibited her neighbours from realising that she had to let rooms. Listen neighbours: her husband used to spend his weekends with another woman in the Berner Oberland.

Enough of revenge and back to the snow: A Blizzard crossed Switzerland and brought the biggest amount of snowfall within 24 hours at this time of the year since 74 years. Yesterday, it took us six hours to drive from Lausanne to Zürich. It is not much more it took with a bicycle.

This morning then, I had the back-flash while shovelling my path through the snow to the bakery to fetch some rolls.



By the way, my Sunday newspaper supposed to be in my letterbox since 3 hours. But I reckon, I will not get much sympathy for this kind of suffering.

1 comment:

Toño said...

Right after you went to get our breakfast at the bakery, there was an elegant lady going out of the building. She gave me the impression that she's been wating you to finish clearing her footpath in order to go to church. After I read your blog she reminded me of your landlady 22 years ago. Funny coincidence.