Friday, December 01, 2006

Cookie Bitching 2006

Yes, it's the same procedure as every year. I'm the Christmas cookie bitch of my family and I've fulfilled my duty again (with big support from my deriously beloved Toño). This is me while bitching:



And this is what I was bitching about:

Cinnamon Stars
The most tedious of all. They are sticky. Cutting them out is very close to Zazen. The trick to get them really white, is to use almonds that where peeled before they were grounded.



Chocolate Stars
According to a recipe that was created by my mother.



Nut Heaps
This recipe goes back to my grand-grandmother.



Dead Man's Legs
My godfather's favourites



Chräbeli (Scratches)
Only correct with tiny little "feet".



The season's thing can come now. We're ready. Bring in the big snow.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I shared this post with all off the staff here. A lot of ahhs and ohhs from them. They are pretty impressed about your cookies. Kisses from Adelboden!

Tigresa

Ms Mac said...

I was only just telling a friend today about your "cookie bitch" tradition! She's baking her own cookies this week, but not the Chräbeli with the feet, she doesn't like them.

Toño said...

Me and me colleagues had the honour taste the Dead Man's Legs cookies and they are delicious, I didn't even got any problems with my stomach and that means something...

You look gorgeous in your pyjama...:)

Ryan said...

i want a taste!

Michael Lehet said...

You still have my address on file, right?