Sunday, December 17, 2006

A Sunday Off Work

Saturday is a working day in India, however, Sunday isn't. So today was our day off work. Nevertheless, our client commanded one of their engineers and a driver to take care of our entrainment. They took their task very serious and we got a twelve hour all-included tour.

We started at the Sri Sri Radha Krishna Chandra Temple. Maybe not the most appropriate choice on an Advent Sunday. But it was an opportunity to experience Divine Cuisine. As a divine lover, Krishna is shown playing the flute, surrounded by adoring females. Here is our guiding engineer (centre) with a flute, the adoring females were as usual a bit late:



Then it was time for some museums. First we stayed close to our trade and went to a technological museum...



.. followed by one that had something to do with culture or art:



After we had satisfied our spiritual and knowledge needs, we went for the more basic stuff by switching to extended shopping. This was again a success. I managed to get a Skolnik for a mere $7 (Amazon sells this book for $153.13).

The day ended at a Parsi restaurant, kind of my first encounter to that coulture. By the way, did you know that Freddie Mercury was a Parsi?

This was an excellent Sunday. The only thing I really missed was looking into the eyes of my deriously beloved Toño.

5 comments:

Ms Mac said...

I did not know that about Freddie Mercury. I did know however, that his name at birth was Farrokh Bulsara. He was ace.

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear that you had a nice sunday too, discovering other cultures. My self, I was keeping tradition by giving an advent dinner, in which we have lighted the third candle, to one of my best friends and her family at our place. Everything was perfect, eccept that your were not among us. All of them say hello to you my angel.

Missing you much...

Tono

Ryan said...

sounds like a good time!

Unknown said...

must be so oddd knowing you work on a saturday there...

Anonymous said...

Cool I was looking for that great book since years..