Monday, April 17, 2006

Borderline

On Saturday, I went to see Dr. Diong Mee Nee, for a further blood pressure measurement. I'm down to 130/80, which is in an area called "pre-hypertension". She reckons that my high blood pressure was stress related. I'm probably a borderline case - that is, I have a rather high normal yet still save blood pressure. However, I jump into dangerous values under stress. I probably have to take it a bit more relaxed.

Dr. Diong Mee Nee had also received the test results from the blood and urine analyses. Everything is fine, except of the LDL cholesterol, which is also in the borderline high area. Bugger! Dr. Diong Mee Nee suggests that I optimise my diet, which I consider already rather cholesterol aware, and supplement it with omega-3 fatty acid, which I think is codliver oil. Wrrrah!

Ho summarised the results with "Welcome to the Forties Club". I'm not yet 40! there are still more than 16 months to go! Seems like another borderline situation.

Change of Subject. What will happen further this week? Tomorrow we will sail again. It's surface firing with the big gun. A colleague from Rome will arrive today, and together we will try to improve the shell tracing. On Wednesday, there will be a public holiday, because it's the birthday of His Royal Highness Sultan Azlan Muhibbuddin Shah Ibni Almarhum Sultan Yussuf Izzuddin Shah Ghafarullahu-Lah, the ruler of the state Perak. After that, there will be to more days at sea.


The spotter party is heading for the tug.

3 comments:

Toño said...

One can get older, but I think that aging is an attitude. Can you realize all the beautiful things we can do in 16 months, lots ;)

Ryan said...

good look on your medical stuff just wanted 2 stop in say hi.

Rob7534 said...

I'm sorry for all the medical issues that are popping up suddenly Gomad. But it's best they are dealt with now, while there is plenty of time to make adjustments.

While I don't have high blood pressure (suprising cause I'm heavy) it has been somewhat boarderline as well. My bad cholesterol was also high, but I knew that cause I'm a slob, and love the fatty foods. Small steps, small adjustments for the greater good.

I hope you had a FAB holiday, good luck!