Saturday, April 29, 2006

On The Prowl Again

My flat mate Tigresa is now my former flat mate. She has packed her belongings and has moved into another shared flat. Rumours say, it's at Zürich's gold coast.

Why? Let me explain. Toño and I plan to move together in due course*. A friend of mine is moving as well and he offered us his apartment by September**. I informed Tigresa about both a couple of months ago. Although, we still have months to go, Tigresa was afraid to end homeless on the cold streets of Zürich and grabbed a good opportunity that came along.

Moving in with me was not the easiest thing. I had lived on my own since I was 15. And just six days before Tigresa moved in, I found the love of my life. I've never had problem to be alone, I'm not a people person. And suddenly there are two people living rather close to me. The last 16 months have probably been the period of biggest change in my life.

Tigresa did not disappear without any trace. She left us her freezer! We are already planing to make tons of Pelmeni, a Siberian dish. By the way, this is Tigresa in Siberia:



* as soon as Toño receives his Swiss citizenship. Switzerland has about 3000 different procedures to obtain citizenship (I don't exaggerate). Where we live, it requires being 12 years in Switzerland, of which the last 6 in the same town. Because of that, Toño has to stay in a suburban town until his request gets through. We expect this to happen at the beginning of 2007.

** Although I consider it the best apartment in our area, we did not go for it. There are no grocery stores (i.e. Migros!) within walking distance. I haven't got a car (I cycle or am driven). It's not very convenient to live in a beautiful apartment without supplies.

4 comments:

Ryan said...

always love reading your blog and even tho i still live at home i like being alone in my room so i knda feel what your sayin.

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm thikin of blogging again, now that the world doesn't get my news automatically..

I left the curtains as well, because the room would look empty without.

Rob7534 said...

You're so lucky Gomad! You have found love, and you had a great roomate who you got along with wonderfully!

So are you going to search for another roomate to stay with you until the time when Tonio can move in with you?

Toño said...

Tigresa, fascinating young lady, I wish you lots of great moments in your new flat. It is for me a real pleasure to have shared lovely evenings together at table, with interesting conversations and many inputs toward life, work, sport and love with you. I thank you for your mervellous company and your refreshing attitude. Let's keep in touch and continue enjoying life. With all my respect.