Thursday, April 20, 2006

Tending An Italien

This week, I have to take care of Berardo, an Italian colleague. This include odd things, such as dining daily at an Italian restaurant although I'm in an Asian country with a wide range of delicious cuisines. The strangest thing happened yesterday. We honoured the sultans's birthday by sunbathing an entire day at a sandy beach - at the Pangkor Island Beach Resort actually.



Toño knows how difficult it is, to drag me to a beach. It's just not my thing to roast in the sun and being exposed to huge amounts of sand. And dangerous it was. Berardo was almost killed by a falling baby coconut.



I made the best I could do under these circumstances and finished the novel Kilbrack by Jamie O'Neill. He is the author of the masterpiece At Swim, Two Boys, which happens to be my favourite book.

But now we're back to sailing.



Tomorrow could be my last sailing day in this project. And again it looks like it will be a long day.

5 comments:

mr. mac said...

An Italian resto in Lumut - might as well go to Bäretswil for Indian cuisine!!! I hope that you have shaken Berardo and reminded him that not all meals must be served with pasta.

Have fun anyway.

ps Tell Ho that we're not paying him to sleep either!!!

Toño said...

Thanks for the beautiful pics at the Pangkor Island Beach Resort. I love white sand beaches. If pasta is served spicy and hot then I would like to have some too;)

Ms Mac said...

I'm with you on the sand thing!

Ryan said...

awesome pics thanx 4 sharing with us!

Mike said...

Love the pics they look so relaxing.