Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Freezing

I haven't done it fore a two weeks. I knew why. My blood pressure reading this morning said one thing: "Do some cardiac workout now!" But, this is not so easy as it sounds:
  • I loath jogging, or to be precise, anything that incorporates running
  • I loath gyms
  • My indoor pool is closed for 5 weeks
  • The weather here in Zürich is a disaster:


I'm not up for cycling in this condition, so the only thing that remains is the outdoor pool. The lifeguard at the pool said that his last readings were 10°C/50°F for the air and 19°C/66°F for the water. Although, rather bad this is still better than vice versa, I said to myself. To my own surprise, I did my entire 1.08 nautical miles, which is my standard practice distance. I had the entire Olympia size pool for myself. I did not even have to share it with some ducks like last week.

In addition, I attacked my blood pressure by retail therapy. This morning my spanking new cycling garment arrived. It's made of 100% superfine New Zealand Merino wool. It wicks naturally, resists build up of odours, regulates temperature, itch-free - and it's supposed to feel real nice next to my skin:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could not have swam under this weather conditions, although I would have liked to swim today. Anyway I had to feed my work colleges (16 in total) by cooking for them a delicious beans soup (frijoles charros).

Rob7534 said...

You are a brave brave man. I could never swim in water that cold!

I require the pool to be at least 76 or above!