Monday, May 15, 2006

A Passage To India

On Saturday, I received a call from my caring boss, telling me that I have to embark today for India. He will follow as soon he receives his visa.

At least, we were not travelling on Sunday (a first?). This gave me the opportunity to visit my mother on Mother's Day. I brought her my homemade apple cake and Toño a bottle of Chateau Doisy-Védrines, this is a Sauternes (both go very well together - like we do). I also met my sister, who paid my mother a visit too (her boyfriend wanted to see the F1 race - she hasn't got a telly either). I'm probably not the best family person, because I saw and talked her fir the first time this year. This is my mother:



I guess that this picture was taken when my mother and father were dating. Think of time when The Third Man with Orson Welles was in the theatres. I know this, because they planed to see the movie during courtship. But my father failed to show up and so my mother went alone. Luckily, my mother is not a resentful person and they eventually married.

Everything is ready and I'll leave the house in a few minutes. I'm on my way to India. The bodily hair is pruned (it's hot in India). I'll be back on early Sunday morning, around the time when Zürich's White Party will close its doors. But I should make it for Swan Lake in Zürich's Opera House.

4 comments:

Toño said...

I wish you a safety and successfull trip. At least is this time only for a week.

I thank you for the beatiful time over the weekend.

I just love this picture of your mother, she simply looks enchanting.

As soon as you are back, we will take the time to enjoy a delicous apple cake too with a Sauternes, which are the perfect marriage

Ryan said...

i love old pics like that i think they show a lot. hope u had a great trip!

Rob7534 said...

It can't be that hot in India, such that you must trim the body hair.

My mind instinctively went straight for the pubes.

Anyway, good luck in India! Enjoy and have a fab time.

Mike said...

Your mothers very pretty.