Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Pet Fever

Toño said yesterday evening that he might get us a cat when we finally mange to move together. Well, then I will have to give up blogging since pictures of kitties are completely off-limits.

I love cats. I grew up on a farm and we had up to 15 of them, although my mother had a cat hair allergy. This shows how much we respected the needs of my mother. Shame on us. Our cat population was only controlled by the heavy traffic on the nearby street.

A dog would be completely out of questions since they have a revolting odour and I've had two bad dog experiences in my life.

I was about five when our neighbour's dog snatched my nose. It was probably the most patient dog in the world. I had to throw toys at it for at least half an hour to get some reaction from it.

The second did not actually happen to me, however it would, if I was a gentleman. We were cycling from Moscow to Saint Petersburg. When we approached Staraya Russa. At that moment, we were a group of three - a man, a woman and me. Suddenly, we heard barking and scratching noises. Three dogs were wrestling under a fence, each trying to be the first to tear us to pieces. We had to cycle to the hills asap. Unfortunately, the lady in our group had the lowest fitness level and fell back. This was exploited by two of the dogs, which snatched her off the bike. It was then, when we men realised what we have done. We reversed and put the dogs to flight. Luckily, the dogs did not actually bit her. She had four holes in her tight and four in a foot from the dog's canine teeth. Nevertheless, the trip was over for her.

5 comments:

Toño said...

No, you don't habe to give up blogging, you just won't published any pics from cat. If we do so, would you like to name it MICHI ;-)

Well the lady on the trip to from Moscow to Saint Petersburg just had bad luck and you both were not really gentlemen...

It remains me we I fell down while cycling with you throu snowy hills...but that is another story.

Mr. Urs said...

I would be delighted by a kitty named Michi.

In the snowy hills I did not behave like a gentleman as well.

Ryan said...

im a dog person myself but mikey is a cat person should b fun when we get our own place.

Rob7534 said...

You must blog about the "snowy hill" incident now!

I admire your inner self survival mode, but did you really leave the poor women to fend off the animals herself! HA! I mean, that's not funny... HA!

Ms Mac said...

Please keep pictures of cats to yourself. There are quite enough pussy picture on the www as it is.