Thursday, May 25, 2006

I Want Your Hands On Me

If there is someone guilty of procrastination, it's definitely me. Ten years ago, I bought one of these flashy Beosound 9000 CD players by Bang & Olufsen*. Since then, I was not able to listen to my brilliant vinyl collection. Finally, yesterday at 5 pm, I had all parts together to get the sound from my old turntable out of my Bang & Olufsen speakers. Ten years for some cables and a pre-amp!



It was not difficult to select the first song to play: I Want Your (Hands On Me) by Sinead O'Conner. There was never another record by her that could match up with the energy of her fist, The Lion and the Cobra.



Coincidentally, Toño called when I had just put the needle down. Telepathy is real. All I wanted in addition to listening to this song were his hand on me.

* This was pure necessity. I had borrowed a stereo set from a friend of my sister and she suddenly demanded it back. The only stereo set that really fit into my old 16 m²/172 sq feet flat was the Beosound 9000. I hung it between the bed and the book shelf, which I had mounted at the ceiling above my bed.

3 comments:

Ms Mac said...

I knew I should have bought those records from the Brocki all those months ago!

Ryan said...

omg my mom has records!

Toño said...

Listening to her was a rediscovery for me. Sinead O'Conner has power, besides being sensitive and attractive. I love the tune too "I want your hands on me". Thanks for sharing these memories with me. I really appreciate that.