Saturday, May 06, 2006

Golden Nose

This weekend, Biel was the navel of championships. Yesterday, the award for the Best Swiss Blog was given to the fabulous Heather from Don't mention the skiing. However this could be topped today, when Biel hosted the final of the 7th Swiss Championship in Wine Tasting.

Toño and I were among the staff. My deliriously beloved Toño had to check whether all of the about 170 bottles where flawless. My job was to open the bottles.



In the morning 5 series of 4 wines had to be determined by the 67 contestants that made it into the final round. After lunch, the top 6 went into the playoff. The Golden Nose was won by the gentlemen on the left, Mr. Marcel Andrey. He really deserved the title. This was the fourth time, he made into the playoff.



I did win too - that is I was able to nick some left-overs, among which are a Sauternes and a Château Citran.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

ok now that sounds like a lot of fun! I love knowing more about wines... And yes they all look so yummy. I'm sick today and have no energy to try to drink... oh well...Soon to change I can only hope. I think Biel is a fun city to visit.

Rob7534 said...

HA! Looks like everyone's a winner then.

Toño said...

It was fun to taste all those wines with such an excellent assistent. Many thanks for your valuable help.

Ryan said...

gosh i would have been drunk if i did all that tasting.