Wednesday, June 08, 2005

2nd Stopover

I've just arrived at KLIA airport in Kuala Lumpur. It's my second (after Amsterdam) and last stopover on my way two Shanghai. The flight was a bit humpy but apart from that business as usual. That is, meals at odd times and detached off any season. The flight entertainment toy was broken at my seat, but I did not change because I’m reading the new Tom Wolfe (I’m Charlotte Simmons). Hence I got not distracted from my read by a movie with bad picture and sound quality. The most sensational thing was that on the last leg, I was sitting on the upper-deck of a 747 for the first time in my life. There it has nice little compartments between the seats and the windows - very practical indeed.

I’m hope that my colleague Holger will be on the flight to Shanghai (as planed). I have no information whatsoever on my stay there apart from my return ticket to Kuala Lumpur on the 18th of June. That is, now hotel reservation or business contacts.

The weird thing about this trip is that in the end it’s all paid by Thailand, a country I haven’t been to apart from another stopover at Bangkok airport last year.

By the way, I got distracted form the book on the flight despite of the broken entertainment system. I could not stop thinking of Gatín. I miss you already.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad everything went well on the first part of your journey. I am missing you a lot too. Take care. I plan to do lots of sport in order not to be blue. Gatín

Anonymous said...

Lost my passwort again.
I spent my first home-alone evening with watching a season of absolutely fabulous. I fell asleep after 5 minutes and rose hours later because of Stoipis phonecall.
Take care my dear.

Michael Lehet said...

I love the top deck of the 747's, it feels as though you are in your private airplane.