Friday, December 08, 2006

Not Frequently Enough

Travelling is part of my job. It's nice to go to places. But believe me, it wears off quite fast. Especially when I rather prefered to rest in the arms of my deriously beloved Toño. Nevertheless, there are some benefits attached to it that are supposed to ease the pain a little bit, such as collecting miles.

I'm not collecting miles to actually use them (far too tedious) - I'm doing it for the privileges. E.g. you get faster lanes, preference for upgrades and you can get pissed in lounges for free even when you've got only coach class tickets. I bet, you can see my point.

One of the schemes I'm in is Miles & More. Right now I'm at Frequent Traveller status. To reach the next level (Senator), I have to collect 25265 further miles until the end of this year. If I sum all the miles I'll get for the five flights, for which I'm scheduled until then, I will collected 22957. In other words: I'm short of mere 2308 miles! Life supposed to be fair.

By the way, I'm not going to God's Country anymore. Mr.Mac will do that for me. I'm heading back to India and will then spend some days on Mallorca - Yeah, this is finally a trip together with Toño again!. And here is In God's Country by U2 especially for Mr.Mac:

2 comments:

Toño said...

Let's see the positive part of it, which ist 2308 miles being together...;)

I love this tune that you dedicate to gentle Mr. Mac. And in order to listen to it, I had to start my boss' PC, because she is normaly not in the office on fridays and because I still, by misterious reasons, do not have any sound on my PC. Lucky me :)

Ms Mac said...

Mr Mac is winging his way to God's country as I read. The lucky bastard.

And Mallorca.... I *heart* Mallorca.

Everyone's a lucky bastard but me!