Friday, June 08, 2012

Cucumber Salad

It is close to bed time and this is usually the time I am brushing my teeth, floss and so on... and the time I am reflecting on the day that just passed. Well, looking back on today I have to admit that I have not achieved much for my caring employer. Never mind. Though the thing I can truly be proud of is that cucumber salad I came up with as side for the slice of tuna Toño made for dinner.


I was torn between crème fraîche and yoghurt as base for the dressing and luckily sided for the latter. It was refreshing and went perfectly well with the tuna as well.

I mixed a plain yoghurt with some apple vinegar and seasoned with sea salt and black and red pepper. Before adding the dressing to the pitted, quartered and finely sliced cucumber, I sprinkled them with chopped dill.

Dinner was served with a Schloss Gobelsburg Grüner Veltliner Tradition 2010.

1 comment:

naturgesetz said...

That looks and sounds delicious!

And it even seems like something I could do (although I don't think I'd pit the cucumbers — I enjoy the seeds).