Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Kill Broadleaf Dock

I grew up on farm. Once I told Toño that I wasted spent a significant part of my precious youth there shooting Broadleaf Dock. I did my best to explain the tedious procedure to him, but I failed completely. Last weekend, when we dropped by at my clan's residence, I took Toño into shed to show him the Broadleaf Dock Gun, I'd used to kill this rampant weed.



The Broadleaf Dock Gun consists of a bottle of herbicide, a barrel and a trigger. Hunting Broadleaf Dock requires roaming the fields for hours. If you detect a Broadleaf Dock, hold the barrel straight into the heart of the plant and pull the trigger 2 to 3 times, to release some herbicide granulate. With the next rain, the herbicide will be absorbed by the plant's roots and inhibit the cellulose synthesis, which subsequently, will lead to the death of the Broadleaf Dock.

This procedure burned deep traces into my subconscious. When ever a Broadleaf Dock comes into my field of view, my brain raises an alarm and my index finger starts to bend. It also severely affected my moral frame set. I regard farmers, who do not consequently annihilate Broadleaf Dock, only slightly higher than child molesters.

5 comments:

Michael Lehet said...

I grew up on a farm as well....but the bane of my existence was rocks. Every time we plowed we always had to follow behind in the tractor and wagon and pick the big rocks out....oh god how I used to hate that!

Toño said...

Well even though you had to kill all those Broadleaf Docks, you are still a happy beautiful man.

Myself I used to help my uncle to fertilize the sweet corn fields and this with out any gloves and under the hot mexican sun. It was a hard work, but I loved to help him because he is a kind person.

Mr. Urs said...

I've just spend the entire day working on my email inbox :(. Maybe farm work is not so bad at all.

Ryan said...

i also grew up in the country but we had horses and dirt bikes. dont sound 2 gay does it?

Unknown said...

don't know a thing about it but it sounds interesting.