Sunday, November 26, 2006

Retail Therapy

On my path to full recovery, I've also dedicated some time to retail therapy. After shopping groceries at Migros and booze at Denner we went downtown for the more serious part of the therapy. Here are the sections we went through:



Undies are essential for well being. Toño demanded a tight fit. We chose baby blue, royal blue, sliver, lemon and purple.



You can never have enough hats, gloves and shoes, as Patsy said in Absolutely Fabulous. In addition, although in Switzerland the thermometer went up to 22°C/72°F, we still belief in winter and bought cap & gloves.



My lube of choice was only available in cruising size packages. In my preferred size, the product was replaced by an organic version that passed an environmental test with best marks. From now on we will shag even more in full harmony with nature.



With Christmas only a month away, a visit at Scharzenbach was unavoidable. We got dates from Tunisia (for my Dad), figs from Izmir (for my Mom), tea from Morocco (for Toño), grapes from Malaga (for me), almonds in all variants, and grounded walnuts and hazelnuts (for the cookies).



Finally in Christmas mood we went for a traditionally wood carved Josef, Maria and Baby Jesus from Brienz, and a mouth-blown tree-top star from Hergiswil.



Everything came to an end with a fat baroque angel made of concrete and a bottle of Calvados. Cheers to my recovery.

7 comments:

Toño said...

...every thing ist fine. It is just that the beautiful angel ist not fat...

It is a wonderful concrete copy of one of Raffael's da Urbino angels from his famous painting "The Sixtine's Madonna".

And I just love it and it is not fat...;)

Toño said...

A detail...

We do not shag Sir. We make love...

Ms Mac said...

Please quote more AbFab on your blog. It makes me laugh.

Ryan said...

awesome post! haha

Rob7534 said...

You cannot talk about buying new undies for Tonio who requires a "tight fit" whatever that means, and not show the pics!?

Mr. Urs said...

Rob, the undies were for me, hence the request. However, to satisfy you a bit, see the picture of our matching Speedos.

Unknown said...

oh that sounds like fun. I'm in need but not going soon! Grass greener on the other side I'd say. hehe..