Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Fior Di Latte

Toño has secretly sneaked into a Coop to get my a splendid surprise:

Fior Di Latte

Fior di latte (literally milk's flower) is pure unflavored ice-cream made of high quality whole milk, lots of fresh cream and sugar. The Italians are the unchallenged masters of this kind of ice-cream.

Nevertheless, I first had had this kind of ice-cream in Moscow, where you can buy it for little money at every street corner. Even during winter. Also the Russinas have the most beautiful name for ice-cram. They call it Мороженое.

5 comments:

Toño said...

What I like the most from this (almost) natural ice-cream is its delicate taste and the impression one gets while enjoying it of lightness,though it is not. It is a tiny bit too sweet for me...

But if you are a disciplined Being then this is absolutely your kind of ice-cream or even better your "parfait du lait au lait"...;)

Anonymous said...

As I was tought by my Italian friends, Fior di latte is sort of a fresh cheese. The first thing you take from the milk after the cream. The next cheese to make from the same milk would be the Mozzarella.

Ms Mac said...

But how would one pronounce it in Russina? Mopoxy? Poxy is not a word I would normally associate with something excellent.

I may sneak into a Coop and see if I can't try some for myself.

Mr. Urs said...

Ms.Mac, it's pronounced "Maroshenoje" with the 'sh' as in the French 'Journal' and the accent on the second 'o'. Regarding running to the Coop, I humbly suggest to wait till pay day.

Michael Lehet said...

That looks delicious...I wish we had things like this, but of course the FDA is too concerned that Fresh Milk will make us grow strong and has thusly banned it.

Instead we have Snicker's Ice Cream!

When Mr. & Mrs. Mac visited last year we were in the grocery store and she remarked "How many kinds of ice cream do you need?" At which point I spread my arms out, twirled around and said "Why ALL of these Mrs. Mac, and half of the next row."