Sunday, February 03, 2008

How To Be Good

Yesterday, my mother celebrated her 76th Birthday and - for once - I did not forget to be a good son and showed up with a home-made cake. I made her a Collapsed Chocolate Soufflé Cake as recommended by Michelle.

While we visited my mother, we learned that somebody has sent my father 200 Swiss Francs. In an enclosed note, the sender said thank you to my father for taking good care of the standard fruit trees in his orchard.



The pictures show my parents working in the orchard about 20 years ago.

Standard fruit trees are considered far more ecological - contrary to the bush shape, which is more economical (read more about tree shape). My family has about 200 of those standard apple trees, but none of the bush shape. At least for once, they actually brought some money and we can leave the Clintons to the U.S. of A. to clean up after the Bushes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday gomads Mummy!!!

Indeed it is very hard work to look after a 'Hostet' properly!!

I am also wondering IF the current pest of 'Feuerbrand' has had an easier game to destruct trees,coz with the Niederstamm cultures the trees stand extremely close together......... it might be a reason,don't you think?

You're a good son to spoil your parents with such a lovely cake!

Mickle in NZ said...

Confession to all - I've never actually made the cake recipe. Just thought it "read" and looked like a cake worthy of Gomad's amazing baking skills and excellent food enjoyment. And thought so of Antipo too - so I sent it
Um... so Did your mother like it/ did she jave a happy day ?

Gomad's Mum is yet another Aquarian - I'm tracking them down.

Much love and care to Gomad and Tono and your respective families. Fingers and toes crossed for Tono's passport

Unknown said...

A big happy bday to your mother gomad. And that is too ironic.. Love it, clean up after the bushes. haha