Thursday, February 14, 2008

KLM - The Scond Leg

There is not much to complain about the second leg from Amsterdam to Vancouver of my trip. I felt safe and sound and perfectly pampered. Here are just some points:

The Netherlands are not known as a wine country. KLM solves the problem of Dutchness on the wine list by selecting certain wines from Dutch winemakers around the globe. Unfortunately, they did not have the listed Pinot Blanc 2006, De Kleine Schore, which was actually from Zeeland.

A bit surprising were the choices of the second meal, which were all Indonesian. I guess this was chosen because Indonesia used to be a Dutch colony.

Beyond expectations were the earphones - actually the best I've ever had. They even featured a functioning ambient noise suppression.

If I really have to find a fly in the ointment: Nobody cared to clean under my folded footrest. It was rather filthy down there.

A big silly is the give-away. What do I need a dust-collecting Dutch house for? I took it anyway, because I'm entitled to.



Bottom line: KLM delivers a state-of-the-art European service - i.e. not quite as breathtaking as the big Asians but still better than you actually need. However, we always deserve it a it a little better.

2 comments:

Rob7534 said...

I love the little dutch house on the nightstand! How dare they not clean under the folded footrest, don't they know you're a discriminating frequent traveler!

Mickle in NZ said...

Hope you find more great food - not just for us to read the descriptions and, maybe, see the photos of, but more for you to savour and enjoy (and then show us the photos.

Take care