Friday, January 05, 2007

Perfectly Blended

I had my first experience with Blended Learning today. What a total horseshit.

It's a course about Project Management, which should turn me into a Certified Project Manager (I hope the certificate will be impressive and flashy).

Today, I had a look into the syllabus and the course material. It's a combination, class room training, sorry it's called attendance workshops, and e-learning and e-tutoring. We, the trainees, are supposed to chat with each other and the tutors every Monday morning. We are also supposed to discuss various topics in a forum. Bottom line: the usual boring stuff on how to do the things right decorated as a Christmas tree. Wraaaah!

All I've learned about projects in life is that the only thing that counts is to do the right thing with a vengeance. I haven't seen anything about this so far underneath the fancy wrapper.

If it has to be blended, I rather preferred an Antiquary 21 Year Old or a bottle of Mestizaje. They are definitely the right thing without making a needless fuss.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should be leading that course! I could do with a bit of wow-projects myself up here...

Kisses, Tigresa

Toño said...

For learning matters I prefer to choose too one system, because the important part of it is to understand the content of it and it this case it is needed to focus and not a blend of many systems.

But in wine matters I love blends, though I appreciate too a hundred pro cent Shiraz, because of its power...