Saturday, January 06, 2007

Subbotnik

A Subbotnik was a day of (compulsory) volunteer work in the Soviet Union. Today, Toño had his version of it, by participating in the yearly office cleaning at his workplace on a Saturday. He even brought some trash home, which was piling up in his office:



Meanwhile, I did the grocery shopping with my brand spanking new bicycle basked. My bike dealer of trust had assured me that one can carry six bottles of wine with it without any problems.



The ride home was not the problem, but paying for the content of it. The shelf next to the cash desk's conveyer belt was a tiny bit to small for my flashy basket. While I was unloading, the basket fell topsy-turvy to the floor. The eggs and yogurts lay smashed all over the floor.

The cashier girl was a real blessing (last night I must have finished my prayers). She mobbed up my mess in no time let me even replace the goods without having to pay for smashed ones.

2 comments:

Toño said...

Hello lucky boy, I did not know that you pray too...

Ms Mac said...

Whoops! I've done that with Yoghurt in my local Coop too. I was very new here though and purchased the 6 smashed cartons because I didn't know what else to do and couldn't understand a word anyone said to me.

Poor me.... sigh....