Friday, June 22, 2007

Light & Easy - School Nights Edition

We've extended our Light & Easy meal theme to the entire week. These were the highlights:

Tomatoes and Mozzarella Salad with a Slice of Salmon



For the salad, Toño used Mozzarella di Bufala Campana and blanched and filleted tomatoes. You get the best results, if you use tomatoes of the kind Cuore di Bue, aka Bulls Heart oder Giant Ox Heart. Instead of basil, you can also use coriander (cilantro). Don't forget to season with Balsamic vinegar, pepper and salt. The salad goes also quite well with a slice of slightly fried tuna.

Refreshing Chicken Soup



Lemon, mint and sprouts make this the most refreshing soup I happen to know. Heat a bit of salted butter with lemon rind, lemon juice and the mint in a pan. Slice a big chicken breast and add it to the pan. Stir until the chicken turns white. Add stock and soup pasta and let it boil on low heat for 10 minutes. Decorate with sprouts of your choice.

Today we will deviate from our Light & Easy theme. We are invited to a Midsummer Night Dinner party. Life is about finding the right balance. Isn't it?

3 comments:

◈lunaluna◈ said...

Your blog is very interesting!
Please, send us the photo of your computer desk.
We'll publish on our blog!.
And if you want link me your blog, so We’ll publish on our.

EMAIL: pcdesktop1@gmail.com

Toño said...

I love the light and easy cooking, some of my recipes don't really take longer than 35 minutes to be prepared...

Here you will find out about some of my secrets.

www.lemenu.ch

You just need a subcription (CHF 58.00 per year) and you will get as well the online services.

I start thinking what I would like to have for dinner that pleases as well gomad. Then I go to the Le Menu website and I make my mind in some minutes, print a copy of the recipe and then after work (most of the time before 18.00 h) I go shopping the ingredients... and believe me it is a pleasure :)

and gomad loves me to be the chef during the week, because in the weekends I am always spoiled for lunch...

Anonymous said...

The soup really looks spectacularly yummy and I bet it has tasted it as well!

I love all things scented with lemon (or similar aromas),this recipe is something am going to snatch boldly from you :-D :-D and will make it for my family, but intead of using mint I will season it with lemonscented thyme and maybe a teensy bit of freshly chopped ginger:)
Ooopps,now I am hungry....................