Monday, January 07, 2008

Remebering Menudo

The lovely Macs brought us pack of Haggis, the Scottish traditional dish made of a sheep's stomach stuffed with oatmeal and the minced heart, liver and lungs of a sheep.

I called Toño to get him to buy the necessary ingredients (potatoes & turnips) for the side dishes, however, I refused to disclose further details on this Haggis despite that it is a Scottish delicacy. Toño then asked his boss, who seems to be suddenly quite Irish to me (I thought she is of Spanish and Appenzell origin).

He called back reminding me that two years ago I refused to try Menudo, the Mexican beef tripe stew.



Who am I to blame, the stall also had quesadillas on the menu. When I have the choice between anything and quesadilla, I go for the latter.

How is Haggis? Qui vivra verra.

2 comments:

Ms Mac said...

I forgot to send instructions not to read the ingredients of Haggis!

I thought Menudo was Ricky Martin's old Boy Band!

Anonymous said...

Menudo is also Ricky Matin's old boy Band. I was expecting to see you guys singing. Instead this great photo at a mexican stylish restaurant. Again, it is great to read your blog! I love you enyoing life. Saludos. I