Thursday, January 31, 2008

Time Travel Networking

Although I neither do Facebook nor MySpace, I've been found by an old mate on the Internet - via Xing.

My mate went with me to recruit school 20 years ago. He had found an old list of our platoon back then and started his search. Well this week, four of us met downtown for lunch. Luckily, one brought some photos, which helped to trigger some of those deeply buried memories. Like this one, which was taken while I was defending my country with my life foxhole:



Did we really wear such glasses in the eighties?

3 comments:

Toño said...

That's a nice picture of yours!

Anonymous said...

old glasses and the old Stgw, I went to the Jungschützenkurs with this model,but I am not sure I'd still know how to dismantle and reassemble it,not to speak of cleaning it :-) which was, honestly, a nightmare.

Unknown said...

lol - i think i'd say that for my hair!