Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Green Beans and Other Desires

It is funny how - out of the blue - desires to eat a specific kind of food surface. In my teenage years, I spent about a year eating bratwurst and French fries for weekday dinners. No, that was not what I wanted. Last Saturday, I felt the need to eat green beans. Sadly, I did not manage to get my lazy butt out of bed in time to shop at the farmer's market. I had to get them from Migros and they were set to half price. This is fare worse than it sounds, because it means the goods are in such a bad state that you have to cut 50% away - only work and no gain. Nevertheless, the dishes, I made Toño make out of it, were delicious:

Veal Strips in Saffron Sauce with Steamed Green Beans and Noddles Noodles



...which was accompanied by a bottle of Markowitsch Redmont 2006.

...and...

Fasolakia Ladera



...which is a Greek vegetarian dish with green beans in tomato sauce. Toño added also potatoes and sprinkled it with feta. The wine Toño served with it was a Norton Perdriel Single Vineyard 2004. He even dared to tell me what I had to pay for it - though, it was worth it.

Other Nutritional News

A) We pay tribute to Olympia by eating athlete food that gives stamina (spaghetti) with Chinese style serviettes.



B) The morning smoothie is gradually replaced by the traditional Bircher-Benner muesli, however, no wine is yet served with it.

2 comments:

Ms Mac said...

Mmmmm.... Noddles! Like noodles but cuter.

Mr. Urs said...

How I'm supposed to keep a clear noddle with all those fine food going through it?