Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Personal Trainer

My job might go to blazes and I'm filling my home with new interior furnishing, but this is far from enough. Today, I had a lesson with a Personal Trainer, generally thought to be a commodity afforded only to the rich and famous.

Thursdays, I go to a swimming class, which is devoted to crawl, the rapid swimming stroke consisting of alternating overarm strokes and a flutter kick. Sometimes, we have to perform exercises involving other swimming styles like breaststroke, backstroke or butterfly. These exercises brought to light that my breaststroke's leg movement is an absolute disaster. The only cure was a private lesson with our trainer (my butterfly is considered incurable).

Private lesson means no hiding in the masses. Every tiny little movement of my precious body was under constant scrutiny. No excuses allowed, but exhaustion guaranteed. However, for one hour I could feel how it is to be rich and famous.

1 comment:

Ms Mac said...

People throw their washing in the pool when I am attempting to butterfly!