Thursday, March 31, 2005

Ripped Off

Today's rip off at the canteen was a Käseschnitte for CHF 15.20. The ingredients for this dish cost less than an average British school meal:
  • 1 slice of bread
  • 1 gulp of Fendant (dry Swiss white wine produced from the Chasselas grape)
  • 100 g Raclette cheese
  • 1 egg
Fry the bread in a pan; soak the slice with the wine; lay the cheese onto the top; put everything into the oven (220 °C) until the cheese is melted; serve with a fried egg on the top.

I had the Käseschnitte with a small salad and 2 dl of water. However, this still does not justify the price. The thing didn't even taste acceptable.

3 comments:

Ms Mac said...

I'm sure mr. mac is pleased he didn't make it in time to partake of such a let-down delicacy!

mr. mac said...

I wouldn't buy anything in the Personalrestaurant that cost CHF 15.20, but particularly not grilled cheese on toast!!! With my meagre budget, CHF 9.50 is the limit - even then, I have to chew each bite carefully to make sure I get my money's worth.
Sometimes, one's indecision and tardiness can pay off. Maybe you should abandon your "member enhancement through body-fat minimisation program" and have the Poulet Cordon Bleu the next time that Menü 2 looks so grim.

Mr. Urs said...

The Poulet Cordon Bleu was accompanied by inedible oven fries. I prefer the deep-fried version. It was the choice between fat and fat anyway.