Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Roaring Back

On recommendation of my caring boss, I'm reading The Roaring Nineties by Joseph Stiglitz, an account of the boom/bust economy of the 1990s. By coincidence, I had a related experience with Swiss bank UBS the other day.

I tried to sell my shares of a mutual fund. Back in the roaring nineties this was done by a simple phone call to my assets manager, not lasting more than a couple of minutes. This time I was put on hold three times and I had to identify myself four times to different bank clerks. The last of which told me that I can't do this via phone. It must be in writing.

I wrote the requested letter but did not only list the one mutual fund but all my assets on UBS accounts. UBS is history for me, they can me whatev...

2 comments:

Ms Mac said...

Oooh, they've seriously pissed you off!

Mr. Urs said...

The only power a consumer has, is to play the loyality card.