Tuesday, March 28, 2006

RADO

Trivia alert!

I was always jealous, because my friend Tina knew before me what SETRA* means. It is always bad, when somebody else is ahead of oneself in trivia.

Now I hope, that she hasn't got a clue what RADO means. Since 1953, this RADO is an essential design detail of the famous Swiss classic lever arch files. a.k.a. Bundesordner (federal arch files):



RADO is the abbreviation of "Richtige Anordnung des Ordners" (correct positioning of the arch file). Each arch file has got two RADO in the front cover. The lever is sticking through these holes and supports the arch file in the standard vertical position. In addition, these inconspicuous apertures reduce the storage space by mere 6 mm. This allows to store 15 Bundesordner with RADO in the space of 14 without RADO. RADO is like SETRA an ingenious master stroke from the fifties.

*SETRA: SElbsTRAgend = self-supporting. Stands for a revolutionary coach design with a self-supporting structure

2 comments:

Toño said...

Ooh, dear Tina myself I thought RADO was a watch mark but as you can see I am wrong too... well for once ;)

Mike said...

thanx for stopping by our blog and mentioning it. yours has some good info